To ease the transition from academic studies to employment, the Fall 2018 Continuation Plan termination date will be changed to the end of the calendar year, December 31, 2018. This change offers previously insured Premier Plan students a less expensive plan to extend their coverage from August 15, 2018 through the Open Enrollment Period for Exchange Plans. As in previous years, eligibility is limited as explained below.
CONTINUATION PLAN PROVISION
The Continuation Plan benefits are the Premier Plan benefits— through the end of the calendar year— effective August 15, 2018. Enrollment applications and payment must be submitted to Student Health Insurance no later than August 28, 2018. No refunds will be granted after August 28, 2018.
CONTINUATION PLAN ELIGIBILITY AND ENROLLMENT DEADLINE
You are eligible to enroll in the 2018-2019 Voluntary Calendar Year Continuation Policy:
- If you were continuously enrolled in the 2017-2018 Premier Plan as of February 15, 2018, AND
- If you are no longer eligible to enroll in the 2018-2019 annual Premier Plan this Fall.
To obtain a Continuation Plan Application, e-mail the Student Health Insurance office. Include your GUID# that begins with an "8" in the subject line so you can be properly identified.
AUGUST 28, DEADLINE EXCEPTION
You may be able to enroll in the Voluntary Calendar Year Continuation Plan after August 28, 2018, but no later than September 15, 2018:
- If you were continuously enrolled in the 2017-2018 Premier Plan as of February 15, 2018,
- If the 2018-2019 annual Premier Plan charge was posted on your Student Account for the Fall 2018 Term, and
- If the 2018-2019 annual Premier Plan charge was then subsequently reversed due to a change in your course credit hour registration.