Because the Affordable Care Act allows immediate access to health care exchange insurance plans, the 2017-18 Plan Year will be the last year the voluntary Six Month Continuation Premier Plan will be available to previously insured students
CONTINUATION PLAN PROVISION
The Continuation Plan benefits are the Premier Plan benefits— for six months— effective August 15, 2017. Enrollment applications and payment must be submitted to Student Health Insurance no later than August 28, 2017. No refunds will be granted after August 28, 2017.
CONTINUATION PLAN ELIGIBILITY AND ENROLLMENT DEADLINE
You are eligible to enroll in the 2017-2018 Voluntary Six Month Continuation Policy:
- If you were continuously enrolled in the 2016-2017 Premier Plan as of February 15, 2017, AND
- If you are no longer eligible to enroll in the 2017-2018 annual Premier Plan this Fall.
To obtain a Continuation Plan Application, e-mail the Student Health Insurance office. Include your GUID# that begins with an "8" in the subject line so you can be properly identified.
AUGUST 28, DEADLINE EXCEPTION
You may be able to enroll in the Voluntary Six Month Continuation Plan after August 28, 2017, but no later than September 15, 2017:
- If you were continuously enrolled in the 2016-2017 Premier Plan as of February 15, 2017,
- If the 2017-2018 annual Premier Plan charge was posted on your Student Account for the Fall 2017 Term, and
- If the 2017-2018 annual Premier Plan charge was then subsequently reversed due to a change in your course credit hour registration.