All students regardless of age are screened for tuberculosis by completing the risk assessment questionnaire download. All students under the age of 26 at Georgetown University are required to submit proof of immunizations as required by the District of Columbia.
Immunization and Tuberculosis Screening Certificates for Incoming Students
Deadlines and Forms:
- The deadline for submission for new and incoming students entering in the fall semester is July 1 (for spring semester it is January 1).
- You must fill out this form.
- A registration block and a $100 fee may result if all requirements are not met by the first day of class.
- Meningitis vaccination is a requirement for incoming freshman living in residence halls.
- You may choose to waive the meningitis vaccination requirement. Find out how on the forms page. You must sign and submit the Meningitis Vaccine Waiver form.
- For more information about meningitis, please see the Meningitis Fact Sheet.
Student Immunization Requirements
- If under the age of 26 at the time of registration, you are required by District of Columbia law to provide documentation of vaccination or immunity from Diphtheria, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella.
- If living in a residence hall, you must provide proof of vaccination against meningitis or sign a waiver form.
- If under the age of 18, you must also be vaccinated against polio.
Regardless of age, you will be screened for Tuberculosis by a risk assessment questionnaire. Some students will also need a tuberculosis skin test.
2016-2017Immunization Certificate, which can also be printed and sent to:
Student Health Center
3800 Reservoir Road, NW, Ground Floor, Darnall Hall
Washington, DC 20007
For any questions or for further information regarding immunizations, please email email@example.com.
Immunization & Tuberculosis Screening FAQ
I am out of the country and will be unable to meet the deadline for submission of the Immunization and Tuberculosis Screening Certificate. What are my options?
The Immunization and Tuberculosis Screening Certificate submission deadlines are:
- July 1st for the fall semester
- January 1st for student starting their studies at Georgetown in the spring semester
If for some reason you are unable to turn in the form to us by those dates, you must submit it as soon as possible. After August 15, the University Registrar will block continuation of your registration for the fall semester until the form has been submitted and immunization and screening requirements have been met.
I don't have a physician or can't get one to sign Georgetown's form. May I submit copies of my old immunization records without a current physician's signature?
Copies of your immunization records may be accepted as long as they are attached to our Student Health Center Immunization and Tuberculosis Certificate. However, this may delay entry of your information, which could affect your registration. It is still your responsibility to ensure that the actual immunization and screening requirements are met, regardless of what form or records you submit.
I am over the age of 26. Do I still need to obtain a Tuberculosis screening test?
All students regardless of age are screened for Tuberculosis risk by a set of risk assessment questions on the back of our Immunization and Tuberculosis Screening Certificate. You must complete this section and submit this form regardless of your age. Depending on the responses to those questions, some students will also need an actual Tuberculosis skin test. The screening questions are consistent with the guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and the American College Health Association.
I don't have time to complete the entire series of Hepatitis B shots before school starts. What should I do?
Normally the Hepatitis B series is completed within a 4-6 month time span. As long as you start your Hepatitis B shots prior to our deadline, we will accept your form provided you complete the series after starting school within the normal time frame.
I am a continuing student. Do I need to resubmit my immunization record?
If you attended Georgetown last year, completed or graduated from one program but are continuing this year in a new program, and you had previously submitted your immunization form to us, you do not need to resubmit your immunization record--but you must do the following:
Call the immunization line at (202) 687.3100 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with your full name, student ID number, date of birth, and the name of the new program or school which you are attending.
I don't have a physician, but I need some shots. Can I get immunizations/vaccinations at the Student Health Center?