- A.B., Harvard University, 1973
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1977
- Internship: Univ. of Minnesota Medical School, 1976-1977
Professional interests: Chronic pain, treatment of alcohol and other drug abuse, the relationship between mental health issues and academic performance, medical leaves of absence.
Ph.D., Associate Director
- B.A., State University of New York at Albany,1973
- M.A., University of Chicago, English Literature, 1976
- Ph.D., DePaul University, 1986
- Internship: Duke University, 1984
Professional interests: Clinical training (externs, pre and post docs), clinical generalist.
M.Ed., Intake Coordinator, Associate Director for Clinical Administration
M.Psy., Psychology Extern
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2016
- M. Psy., George Washington University, 2018
Professional interests: Psychodynamic therapy, group and couples therapy, relationship issues, multicultural experiences and concerns, LGBTQ experiences and concerns, women's mental health, and trauma.
Sarah Bellovin Goldman
Ph.D., assistant director for psychology training
- B.A., Wesleyan University, 2005
- M.A., Wesleyan University, 2006
- M.S., Columbia University, 2013
- M.Phil., Columbia University, 2014
- Ph.D., Columbia University, 2014
- Internship: Princeton House Behavioral Health, 2013-2014
Professional interests: Supervision, training, and mentorship; cognitive-behavioral therapy; dialectical behavior therapy; mindfulness; borderline personality disorder; anxiety disorders; and eating disorders.
Ph.D., Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow
- B.A., University of Maryland-College Park in Psychology, 2011
- B.A., University of Maryland-College Park in Criminology & Criminal Justice, 2011
- M.Ed., University of Virginia, 2014
- Graduate Certificate in Working with Survivors of Violence, Torture, and Trauma, University of Maryland-College Park, 2016
- Ph.D., University of Virginia, 2018
- Internship: University of Texas Health at San Antonio 2017-2018
Professional interests: Cognitive-behavioral therapy, behavioral health interventions; clinical training and teaching; anxiety disorders, mood disorders, grief and loss, and adjustment/life transitions.
PSY.D., Staff Psychologist at the Law Center
- B.A., University of Virginia, 2009
- M.A., The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington, DC, 2013
- Psy.D., The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington, DC, 2016
- Internship: Frostburg State University Counseling and Psychological Services, 2015-2016
Professional interests: Depression, anxiety, relationship issues, stress management, identity development, humanistic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, and canine-assisted psychotherapy.
D.O., Psychiatry Resident
- B.A., Baylor University, 2011
- D.O., University of North Texas, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine, 2015
- Psychiatry Residency: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, 2015-current
Professional interests: Women's mental health and community psychiatry.
L.G.S.W., Staff Social Worker and eating disorder specialist
- B.A., The George Washington University, 2013
- M.S.W., University of Maryland School of Social Work, 2017
- Internships: KIPP WILL DC Academy, 2015-2016; The Renfrew Center, 2016-2017
Professional interests: Eating disorders, body image issues, anxiety, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness, group and family therapies, and patient advocacy.
Psy.D., Staff Psychologist at the School of Continuing Studies, Downtown Campus
- B.A., Ohio State University, 2002
- M.L.H.R., Ohio State University, 2005
- Psy.D., George Washington University, 2011
- Internship: Tuttleman Counseling Services, Temple University, Phila, PA, 2010-2011
Professional interests: Psychodynamic therapy, Attachment, depression, social anxiety, grief & loss, career-related concerns, relationship issues, multicultural and LGBTQ concerns.
Other Language(s): Portuguese
Ph.D., Head of Sport Psychology
- B.A., Kent State University, 2006
- M.S., Indiana University, 2009
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 2014
- Internship: University of Oklahoma Health Consortium, 2013-2014
Professional interests: Sport and Performance Psychology, Clinical training and supervision, Psychological assessment, Technological approaches and tools for therapeutic use, Identity development, Multicultural experiences and concerns, LGBTQ experiences and concerns, Mood and Anxiety disorders, College adjustment, Mindfulness, Cognitive-behavioral therapy, Interpersonal therapy, Time-Limited Dynamic Psychotherapy (TLDP).
Psy.D., STAFF PSYCHOLOGIST AT THE LAW CENTER
- B.A., Hampton University, 2010
- M.A., Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA, 2013
- Psy.D., Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA 2015
- Internship: The Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 2014-2015
Professional interests: Psychodynamic psychotherapy and psychoanalysis, multicultural concerns, race and gender intersectionality, gender diverse health concerns, personality development, trauma and PTSD.
M.Ed., Psychology Extern
- B.S., Howard University, 2011
- M.Ed., Howard University, 2013
Professional interests: Acute/chronic stress, treatment of internalizing symptoms, culture-specific coping and cultural competence, and expressive therapy modalities.
Psy.D., Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2011
- M.A., University of Denver, 2015
- Psy.D., University of Denver, 2018
- Internship: University of Denver Health and Counseling Center, 2017-2018
Professional interests: Anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, relationship concerns, university student mental health, psychological assessment, group therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy.
M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Director for Psychiatry
- M.D., Univ. of Tampere, Finland, 1992
- Ph.D., Univ. of Tampere, 1994
- Internship: Johns Hopkins University, 1997
- Psychiatry Residency: George Wash. University, 1998-02
- Neurosci. Fellowship: NIMH/Clinical Brain Disorders Branch, '93-'97
Professional interests: Psychotic disorders, anxiety disorders, women's mental health, cultural aspects of mental health
Other Language(s): Finnish, Swedish
Psy.D., Staff PSYCHOLOGIST AND TRAUMA SPECIALIST
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis, 2011
- M.Psy., George Washington University, 2014
- Psy.D., George Washington University, 2016
- Internship: North Carolina State University Counseling Center, 2015-2016
Professional interests: Psychodynamic therapy, trauma, sexual assault, identity development, gender identity (support for trans and gender non-conforming folks), mood disorders, personality disorders, conflict management, student athlete issues.
M.A., Psychology Extern
- B.A., University of British Columbia, 2012
- M.A., American University, 2015
- Ph.D., The Catholic University of America, expected 2020
Professional interests: Identity development, self-esteem and relationship concerns, borderline personality disorder, anxiety and related disorders, grief, cognitive-behavioral therapy, mindfulness, and dialectical behavioral therapy.
J.D., Psy.D., Assistant Director at the Law Center
- B.A., Cornell University, 1983
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 1986
- Psy.D., Rutgers University, 2010
- Internship: Albert Einstein Medical College/Bronx Psych. Center, 2009-10
- Fellowship: Princeton University, Counseling & Psychiatric Services, 2010-11
Professional interests: Identity development, personality issues, attachment, depression, anxiety, trauma & loss, concerns of law students and lawyers.
Ana María MuÑiz-Leen
M.D., STAFF PSYCHIATRIST
- B.A., Georgetown University College of Arts and Sciences, English Honors program; Biology minor/pre-med, cum laude, 1996
- M.D., University of Miami School of Medicine, 2000
- Psychiatry Residency: University of Miami School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2004-2006
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship: University of Miami School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital, 2006-2008
- Board Certifications in Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Professional interests: Autism Spectrum Disorder, Adjustment to College/Higher Education, Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Psychiatry in relation to Cinema and Historical Figures.
Ph.D., Staff Psychologist and International Student Specialist
- B.A., College of William and Mary, 2011
- M.S., University of Florida, 2013
- Ph.D., University of Florida, 2016
- Internship: University of Maryland-College Park Counseling Center, 2015-2016
Professional interests: International student concerns, multicultural issues, social belonging, mindfulness-based treatment, and group therapy.
Lindsay Metcalfe Perrin
Ph.D., Director of Clinical Operations
- B.A., Brown University, 2007
- M.S., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2009
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 2012
- Internship: Duke University Counseling and Psychological Service, 2011-2012
Professional interests: Identity development, mood and anxiety disorders, group therapy, LGBTQ issues, relationship concerns, and adjustment to college.
Ana San Martin
M.D., STAFF PSYCHIATRIST
- M.D., Instituto de Ciencias de las Salud CES - Medellin, Colombia, 2001
- Psychiatry Residency: Tulane University School of Medicine, 2015
- Fellowship: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Tulane University School of Medicine, 2015
Professional interests: Trauma and PTSD, transitional youth mental health, community mental health, cultural psychiatry, CBT.
L.I.C.S.W., Case Manager
- B.A., Fordham University, 2011
- M.S.S.W., Columbia University, 2013
- Internships: JASA New York, Penn South Program for Seniors, 2011-2012; The Center for Women's Reproductive Care at Columbia University Medical Center, 2012-2013
Professional interests: Sexual health, body image, eating disorders, identity development, adjustment, family and caregiver support, and community outreach.
L.I.C.S.W., Staff Clinical Social Worker at the Law Center
- B.A., Boston University, 1996
- M.S.W., University of Maryland, Baltimore, 2001
- Internships: Suburban Hospital, Partial Hospitalization Program, 1999-2000; Woodbourne Day School, 2000-2001
Professional interests: Cognitive Behavioral therapy, anxiety, depression, trauma, and vicarious trauma.
M.D., ASSISTANT DIRECTOR FOR STUDENT HEALTH
- M.D., Univ. of Michigan, 1986
- Residency: Univ. of Connecticut Health Center, 1989
Ph.D., Staff PSYCHOLOGIST and LGBTQ Specialist
- B.A., Ithaca College, 2010
- Ph.D., University at Albany, State University of New York, 2016
- Internship: Catholic University of America, 2015-2016
Professional interests: LGBTQIA+ concerns, trans and gender diverse health concerns including transition-related support, racial, ethnic, and gender identities, social justice, and grief.
Ph.D., Assistant Director for Diversity Initiatives
- B.A., Rutgers University, 1987
- M.A, Bowie State University, 1994
- Ph.D., Florida State University, 2002
- Internship: Univ. of Florida Counseling Center, 2001-02
Professional interests: Anxiety disorders, racial and cultural identity issues, community-based interventions, multicultural outreach services.