Psychological evaluations and consultations at CAPS are provided free of charge. In the event that continued care at CAPS is recommended, there is a modest fee of $10 per psychotherapy visit and $15 per psychiatry visit. CAPS does not deny services due to a student's financial limitations.
Free services include the following:
- Psychiatric medication evaluation
- Crisis assessment and intervention
- Referral to community resources
- Outreach programming for the university
- Group Therapy
Services that require a modest fee include the following (but are typically not available during the summer):
- Ongoing counseling and psychotherapy
- Medication follow-up sessions
Failing to show for an appointment (or a cancellation less than 24 hours in advance) will incur the session fee.