HealthiestYou by Teladoc
HealthiestYou provides access to mental & behavioral telehealthcare. Students with the Georgetown University Student Health Insurance (GUSHI) may access mental healthcare through HealthiestYou by Teladoc at no charge. Students without GUSHI may access these telehealth services at an out-of-pocket cost.
Treatment options with HealthiestYou by Teladoc include ongoing therapy and medication management telehealth sessions through video or phone calls. Students have access to ongoing care based on clinical recommendation and student’s personal decision.
To access care, you may follow the steps below to create an account and schedule an appointment. Students will need their student health insurance ID card, student ID number, and be ready to share their medical history background.
Create an Account
- Go to http://go.healthiestyou.com/student/ (new window) or download the mobile app.
- Find your account by logging your name, date of birth and student ID number.
- Create your account by including your email, phone number and selecting a password
- Select Request Care
- Complete your medical health information (including height, weight, current medications with current dosage, lifestyle, personal and family history of health).
- Complete Doctors section with other providers that you currently see.
- Complete Pharmacies section and select your preferred pharmacy
** If you are having technical difficulties, please switch the way that you are accessing the HealthiestYou — try the app on your phone or the link on your computer.
Select Request a Visit:
- Select a provider that you think may be a good fit based on your symptoms and their specified speciality. (Note: If you are requesting medication management, you need to select “Rx” to find a provider that prescribes medications)
- Specify several times that may work for your schedule
- Complete additional background information as requested.
- Include contact information.
- Wait for confirmation email with link for scheduled appointment time and link for video chat.
- Appointment may also be scheduled on dashboard
After you have submitted your video visit request, you will receive notifications when:
- Your visit request is confirmed.
- The provider is reviewing your medical history (the provider generally reviews your medical history 5-10 minutes prior to the start of your visit).
- The provider is ready to see you.
- If you have requested an as-soon-as-possible visit, please enter the waiting room as soon as you have requested your video visit. The provider will meet you in the waiting room when they become available.
- If you have requested a scheduled visit, please enter the waiting room at the day and time you have requested. You will receive a reminder by email or text 10 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.
If you do not have HealthiestYou by Teladoc benefits through your health insurance, you may sign up for mental health services through Healthiest You by Teladoc.
The cost of services are:
- General medical visit: $75 per session
- Psychotherapy: $99 per session
- Psychiatry and medication management: $229 for first visit, $119 for follow-up